Work at Life in Christ Preschool
Application for Employment
Welcome to Life in Christ Preschool's Application for Employment page. We are always accepting applications and keep applications on file for future position openings. Please email a cover letter and resume to the DIRECTOR.
Preschool Teacher Position
Preschool staff of Life in Christ Preschool (LICP) live the Christian faith and model their behavior accordingly. Each child is considered a precious gift from God who deserves love, care, and guidance. The goal for LICP is to help each child discover their potential. The teachers are warm, loving role models who seek to provide activities specifically designed to help children develop physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually, and spiritually.
• Plan and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum for preschool children in accordance with the LICP philosophy.
• Provide activities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem solving appropriate to the developmental levels and learning styles of children.
• Plan and prepare classroom setting; supervise children in the classroom
• Interact with and encourage children in daily activities.
• Help children manage behavior through positive reinforcement and redirection.
• Initiate observation and assessment of individual child development and behavior needs.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with program staff and parents.
• Attend required staff meetings and in-service trainings.
• Comply with Rule 3 Licensing regulations.
• Maintain open communication with families, encourage their involvement in the program.
• Report to parents about children’s progress; conduct parent conferences twice yearly
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Knowledge of child development theory and practice.
• Ability to evaluate, design, and implement curriculum.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
• Strong classroom management skills.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Must meet licensing requirements for a Teacher certified position; refer to Rule 3 licensing regulations for requirements.
Hours and Salary
• Working hours are 8am-3:30pm Monday-Thursday, 8am-noon Friday
• Hours of Operation
o 9-11:30am Monday-Friday
o 12:30-3:00pm Monday-Thursday
• Position teaches the 3 day morning class and 4 day afternoon class
• Position assists the 2 day morning class
• Salaried position for 9 months with pay based on experience.
• Occasional nights, summer days, and Saturdays required in addition to your normal work schedule.
• Benefits include: Retirement plan through Concordia, Death and Disability Insurance, Holidays and summers off
Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org